ORSI COMPETITION ON PRACTICE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE AND ANALYTICS CALL FOR ENTRY 2018
Operational Research Society of India plans to start an industrywide competition to encourage, recognize and reward outstanding application of Operations Research, Management Science and Analytics in Practice in India. Made in line with Franz Edelman Award of INFORMS the objective of the award is to call out, recognize and reward outstanding applications in practice in India.
The prize/award will be provided to the client organization and no to individuals. The authors will be recognized with a certificate.
RULES FOR ENTRY
- Prize is for application and practice and not for theory or methodology. So an work having significant impact in financial terms on in policy changes will have higher chance of winning than one that discusses methodology with little relevance to practice.
- The work has to be done in India by any organization located in India. MNCs located in India can enter provided the work was done completely in India and the first author and the lead author should be from India.
- By entering the competition, the organization will have to submit a declaration that they will submit a technical paper in about 6000 words by October, 2018. In addition the client organization will provide a letter from senior management that the work has been really implemented in practice making significant impact.
- ORSI team of judges will contact the client to verify the claims to select the finalist.
- The company will have deliver a 20- 30 minute presentation of the work in the Annual National Conference of ORSI.This year competition will be held at IIT, Bombay from December 16 to18, 2018.
- The paper after proper peer review will appear in OPSEARCH, 50 year old academic journal as a Special Issue. OPSEARCH is co-published by Springer .
- A maximum of five entry/ papers will be selected as finalists and only one will be declared as winner.
Jury will be top researchers involved in practice from corporate India and academia. Prof. Sankarshan Basu will chair the Competition. Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari will be the Editor of the special issues of OPSEARCH.
No jury member can be the author or co-author of any entry.
Kindly send a two pages or 1000 words summary what you have done in your organization indicating the problem, the OR/MS/ Analytics methodology used, how the problem was solved and the impact of the work in financial terms and policy changes. Please also provide the name email-ID of all authors and name email_ID and mobile number of senior management of the organization.
Kindly send the 1000 word summary by email to July 31th, 2018 to below mention deatils:
1. Last date for the Entry : July 31, 2018
2. Last date for selection of Semifinalists : August 31
3. Last date for selection of Finalist : September 30, 2018
4. Last date of submission of paper : November 30, 2018
5. Presentation at IIT, Bombay : 17th December, 2018
6. Declaration of winner : 18th December 2018